EL296V High-Efficiency, Two-Stage Gas Furnace
High-efficiency, variable speed gas furnace
The EL296DF070XV48B uses a variable speed motor that reduces electrical use by two-thirds, compared to a standard motor. Plus, two stages of heating minimize temperature swings, so homeowners can save on utility bills without sacrificing comfort.
- Efficiency rating of 96% AFUE—can save your customers hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to standard furnaces
- ENERGY STAR® qualified—meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with an electric heat pump to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Variable speed blower motor—provides a quiet, consistent flow of air for enhanced comfort, efficiency and humidity control
- Robust stainless steel secondary heat exchanger—allows the furnace to achieve high efficiency levels by capturing additional heat
- iComfort™-enabled technology—allows the furnace, when installed with the easy-to-use programmable iComfort Wi-Fi® thermostat, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance**
- SilentComfort™ Technology—delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating
- Special sound-absorbing insulation—further reduces sound for quiet operation
- Durable steel cabinet—made to last with an attractive, high-quality textured paint finish
- Two-stage, gas valve—works with the variable speed motor to match furnace output to household heating needs
- Enhanced humidity control—runs at different speeds to precisely control the flow of heated and cooled air throughout the home
- Secondary heat exchanger—allows the furnace to achieve high efficiency levels by capturing additional heat
- Low-speed fan—provides a consistent, continuous flow of warm air
- Duralok Plus™ heat exchanger—made of patented ArmorTuf™ steel to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- SureLight® igniter—silicone nitride construction ensures long product life and reliable operation
- SureLight control board—controls furnace operation to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- Multi-position models available
*Criteria used in this example are 2,000 full-load heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368 ccf for gas. Actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in local area, local fuel rates and lifestyle.
**iComfort Wi-Fi® Touchscreen thermostat must be installed with an iComfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.