Advanced Electrical Diag.
Roughly 30 percent of compressor problems are misdiagnosis of electrical issues, leading to unnecessary and costly repairs.
Ready to get started?
Would you like to have flawless wiring in every unit? How about reading the Greek emblems on your meter, and using all of its functions? This intensive, one-day course will teach you the secrets of HVAC success when dealing with electrical components.
What you'll learn
- Read Schematics: Learn to read schematics for troubleshooting and identify unknown motors.
- Wiring: Master tough wiring topics, including open circuits, hard start wiring principles and using isolation relay.
- Meters: Conquer all functions on your meter, identify voltage drops and learn tips for quick and easy capacitor testing.
Course OverviewSample Syllabus
- Examine operational principles of various HVACR components, including ECM motors, and how to identify defective components.
- Optimize your test equipment loadout to correctly diagnose failed components, increase profits and provide customers with a thorough analysis of their system’s condition.
- Review fundamental differences between AC and DC, three phase and single phase power.
- Know the effects of voltage and current imbalance on HVACR equipment and calculate the imbalance percentage.
- Read schematics and use them as a diagnostic tool.
- Learn operational principle of inductors and capacitors, and how their behavior differs in AC and DC circuits.
Ready to take the next step in your career?Register Now