If 80% of the air is being used to try to change the shape of the ductwork, then 20% is being used for conditioning.
Want duct systems that always retrieve and deliver the right amount of air?
Rules of thumb don’t guarantee an adequate system!
This concentrated course introduces technicians to the best practices of duct application and design, leading to happier customers, reduced call-backs, and higher profits.
Design & Layout: Balancing damper instruction, supply and return grill installation and proper design for filtration.
Precise Calculations: Learn special techniques for superior installation, calculating duct sizes and friction rate.
Reduce Hot & Cold Spots: Master duct system balancing to minimize temperature fluctuations.
*This class qualifies for 8 hours of NATE continuing education credits.
- Program Price: $399
- Premier Dealers: $319* (20% discount)
*Prices subject to change.
- An introduction to the properties of air
- Dry bulb
- Wet bulb
- Standard air
- Relative humidity
- Specific volume and density
- Duct pressures & how they are measured
- Debunking common air flow myths
- How to calculate the proper friction rate to size ductwork
- What duct calculator should be used to size ductwork
- Proper register selection and placement
- The importance of throw
- Pressure problems in homes
- Installation best practices
- Simple ways to air balance
- Troubleshooting air flow problems